These policies apply to Belles Lettres and its subsidiaries and affiliates (Collectively Belles Lettres (Magazine), us, we). The website (https//:belleslettres.red) mentioned is the only and official website of Belles Lettres.
Belles Lettres recognizes and understands that your privacy is of utmost importance. All personal information shared with other organizations including but not limited to your names, email id, phone number etc. will not be disclosed unless –
- We may disclose or transfer information, including personal information, as part of any merger, sale, and transfer of our assets, acquisition or restructuring of all or part of our organization, bankruptcy, or similar event.
- We may disclose your information if we are required to do so by law.
- We may disclose information, where we believe it necessary to respond to claims, asserted against us or, comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and protect the rights, property or safety of Belles Lettres, its writers, or others.
- Information will be shared between Belles Lettres and its subsidiaries and affiliates; however, we will strive to ensure no breach of information to reduce any safety hazard.
Information We Collect
The information we collect is either directly through the individual, third parties, through the Belles Lettres Website or the official Google forms circulated.
Belles Lettres only accepts original content and will run plagiarism checks for all content submitted. In factual articles you may use information gathered from other sources, however, all such information must be cited (the link must be mentioned) and the source should be mentioned within or after the piece of writing.
If any writer is found to have plagiarized content or have a stark similarity to other individuals writing, wherein the ideas of the individual have been used, or any sort of intellectual property rights infringement the writing submitted by the writer will not be published or taken down permanently from the Belled Lettres website, or other platforms (including promotional platforms, subsidiaries or affiliates) where it was published by Belles Lettres.
Any piece of writing submitted to the magazine that in any way harms a certain social group, religion, individual, organization, etc. will not be published on the Belles Lettres website. Writers must not send in content that includes profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit or unlawful topic, name, material or information of any kind.
All original content written and published by the writers is stored on the Belles Lettres Website. As the writers of the content, you are allowed to request changes in your articles once they are published. The necessary edits will be made if felt necessary and/or appropriate by the Editor-in-Chief or the Editors that have been granted authorization to do the same.
Your name/pen name will appear alongside your submitted content unless you have specifically asked to remain anonymous (In such event, your name is not displayed along with the content.) You may request the Magazine to include your social Media handles blog links, portfolio links etc. for the readers to be able to have access to your work at different writing platforms.
Your Content, date and time stamps, and all associated comments are publicly viewable on the Belles Lettres Magazine, along with your name. Once you sign the agreement to allow Belles Lettres to publish your work, you are also allowing the Editor-in-Chief of Belles Lettres to publish your work on the various platforms associated with Belles Lettres and for all promotional purposes deemed fit by the Editor-in-Chief, as stated in the form.
To permanently an article the author must write an email regarding the same, addressed to the magazine or the Editor-in-Chief. The email must be sent to the Belles Lettres email – email@example.com
The content submitted to Belles Lettres will continue to be your intellectual property, however, you would be providing a license to Belles Lettres (along with its subsidiaries and affiliates) for publishing of the content and usage of the content as deemed fit by the Founder – Asavari Singh, which can include but is not limited to promotional uses, publishing on other websites associated with Belles Lettres, while giving the author credit for their writing.
- Writers must be over the age of 13 or have parental consent. A parental consent letter must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writers must not provide false information on the registration form /profile, or impersonate others so as to mislead or confuse other writers and readers.
- Writers must not use the Website in violation of any local, state, national or international law, statute, ordinance, regulation, rule, code or guidelines for the time being in force.
- Writers must not submit content that contains software or other material that violates the intellectual property rights of any third-party.
- Writers must not send files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or computer systems.
- Writers must not use the Website as a platform to advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any purpose, whether or not commercial, without the express permission of Belles Lettres, and in accordance with the terms and conditions laid down by Belles Lettres with reference to the same.
- Violation of any of the Terms and Conditions set out herein gives Belles Lettres the right to take action against the writer, which could extend to the writer being blocked from accessing the website and/or legal action, along with all content published by that writer taken down permanently from the website.
When you join the organization, you will receive updates or information through email/messages. When you communicate with us (via email, phone, through Belles Lettres Website, or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication.
Changes to our policies
If we make any changes to our policies you will be notified through email and the policies will be updated on our website.
For any queries about the above-mentioned policies please email us at –email@example.com