These policies apply to Belles Lettres and its subsidiaries and affiliates (Collectively Belles Lettres (Magazine), us, we). The Website (https//:belles-lettres.red) mentioned is the only and official Website of Belles Lettres.
Belles Lettres recognizes and understands that your privacy is of utmost importance. All personal information shared with other organizations including but not limited to your names, email id, phone number will not be disclosed unless –
- Information (including personal information) may be disclosed or transferred, as part of any merger, sale, and transfer of our assets, acquisition or restructuring of all or part of our organization, bankruptcy, or similar event.
- Information may be disclosed if we are required to do so by law.
- Information may be disclosed, where we believe it necessary to respond to claims, asserted against us or, comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and protect the rights, property or safety of Belles Lettres, its content creators, or others.
- Information will be shared between Belles Lettres and its subsidiaries and affiliates; however, we will strive to ensure no breach of data to reduce any safety hazard.
Information We Collect
The information we collect is either directly through the individual, third parties, through the Belles Lettres Website or the official google forms circulated.
Belles Lettres only accepts original content and will run plagiarism checks for all content submitted. In factual articles you may use information gathered from other sources, however, all such information must be cited (the link must be mentioned) and the source should be mentioned within or after the piece of writing.
If any member of Belles Lettres, is found to have plagiarized content (writing, illustrations or photographs) or have a stark similarity to other individuals’ intellectual property, wherein the ideas of the individual have been used, or any intellectual property rights infringement has occurred, the content submitted by the member will not be published or taken down permanently from the Belles Lettres website and other platforms (including promotional platforms, subsidiaries or affiliates) where it was published by Belles Lettres or organizations or personnel authorized for content publication.
Any work submitted to the Magazine that in any way harms, but is not limited to any of the following – a specific social group, religion, individual, organization, will not be published on the Belles Lettres website. Members must not send in content that includes profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, pornographic or sexually explicit, name, material or information of any kind. Removal of the content based on the factors mentioned above will be according to the discretion of the authorized team of editors and the Editor-in-chief.
All original content written, spoken or photographed that is published is stored on the Belles Lettres Website. As the creator of the content, you are allowed to request changes in your work once they are published only in the one week (7days) time frame from the date the content was published. The necessary edits will be made if felt necessary and/or appropriate by the Editor-in-Chief or the Editors that have been granted authorization to do the same.
Your name/pen name will appear alongside your submitted content unless you have specifically asked to remain anonymous (In such event, your name is not displayed along with the content.) You may request the Magazine to include your social Media handles blog links, portfolio links etc. for the readers to be able to have access to your work on different platforms.
Your content, date and time stamps, and all associated comments are publicly viewable on the Belles Lettres Magazine, along with your name. Signing the agreement (https://goo.gl/forms/LG17RoKbVldh4EUx1) gives Belles Lettres the right to publish your content on the website and on the various platforms associated with Belles Lettres and for all promotional purposes, thereby transferring property rights of the content from the creator to Belles Lettres. By signing the above-mentioned agreement, you will be granting all rights and interests vested in the work to Belles Lettres to publish your work on a ‘royalty-free’ basis and that you accept that if your work violates any third-party rights, including copyrights, you will be liable for action by Belles Lettres, as may be available under law or equity.
To permanently remove an article the creator must write an email regarding the same, addressed to the Magazine or the Editor-in-Chief. The email must be sent to the Belles Lettres email – firstname.lastname@example.org. This must be conveyed to the magazine within 24 hours of the email sent to you stating that your work is in process o being published.
The creator of the content would be providing a license to Belles Lettres (along with its subsidiaries and affiliates) for the publishing of the content and usage of the content as deemed fit by the Belles Lettres Magazine. Which can include but is not limited to promotional uses, publishing on the Belles Lettres Magazine website and social media pages, unless it is sold to a third-party, wherein the content creator will receive a 20% remuneration of the sale price.
- Content creators must be over the age of 13 or have parental consent. A parental consent letter must be emailed to email@example.com
- Content creators must not provide false information on the registration form /profile, or impersonate others so as to mislead or confuse other content creators and readers.
- Content creators must not use the Website in violation of any local, state, national or international law, statute, ordinance, regulation, rule, code or guidelines for the time being in force.
- Content creators must not submit content that contains software or other material that violates the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Content creators must not send files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or computer systems.
- Content creators must not use the Website as a platform to advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any purpose, whether or not commercial, without the express permission of Belles Lettres, and in accordance with the terms and conditions laid down by Belles Lettres with reference to the same.
- Violation of any of the Terms and Conditions set out herein gives Belles Lettres the right to take action against the content creator, which could extend to the Content creators being blocked from accessing the Website and/or legal action, along with all content published by that Content creator taken down permanently from the Website.
When you join the organization, you will receive updates or information through email/messages. When you communicate with us (via email, phone, through Belles Lettres Website, or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication.
Changes to our policies
If we make any changes to our policies you will be notified through the Belles Lettres Website on the Terms and Conditions Page.
For any queries about the above-mentioned policies please email us at –firstname.lastname@example.org