These policies apply to Belles Lettres and its subsidiaries and affiliates (Collectively Belles Lettres, us, we). These policies are applicable for the ‘100 Writers 1 Story’ project including instructions for writers and regulations for content.
Belles Lettres recognizes and understands that your privacy is of utmost importance. All personal information shared with other organizations including but not limited to your names, email id, phone number will not be disclosed unless –
- Information (including personal information) may be disclosed or transferred, as part of any merger, sale, and transfer of our assets, acquisition or restructuring of all or part of our organization, bankruptcy, or similar event.
- Information may be disclosed if we are required to do so by law.
- Information may be disclosed, where we believe it necessary to respond to claims, asserted against us or, comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and protect the rights, property or safety of Belles Lettres, its writers, or others.
- Information will be shared between Belles Lettres and its subsidiaries and affiliates; however, we will strive to ensure no breach of data to reduce any safety hazard.
Information We Collect
The information we collect is either directly through the individual, third parties, through the Belles Lettres Website (https//:belleslettres.red) or the official google forms circulated.
Belles Lettres only accepts original content and will run plagiarism checks for all content submitted. All poems submitted to the ‘100 Writers 1 Story’ Project will be checked for plagiarism and any similarity in content. If any factual information is used in the poems, wherein information gathered from other sources, all such information must be cited (the link must be mentioned) and the source should be mentioned within or after the piece of writing (using footnotes).
In the case of photographs and illustrations for the ‘100 Writers 1 Story Project’, only original content will be accepted, and plagiarism checks will be conducted.
If any member of the ‘100 Writers 1 Story’- a Belles Lettres initiative, is found to have plagiarized content (writing, illustrations or photographs) or have a stark similarity to other individuals’ writings, wherein the ideas of the individual have been used, or any intellectual property rights infringement has occurred, the content submitted by the member will not be published or taken down permanently from the Belles Lettres website and other platforms (including promotional platforms, subsidiaries or affiliates) where it was published by Belles Lettres or organizations or personnel authorized for content publication.
Any content submitted to the 100 Writers 1 Story – a Belles Lettres initiative that in any way harms, but is not limited to any of the following – a specific social group, religion, individual, organization, will not be published on the Belles Lettres website. Members must not send in content that includes profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, pornographic or sexually explicit, name, material or information of any kind. Removal of the content based on the factors mentioned above will be according to the discretion of the authorized team of editors for this project and the Editor-in-Chief.
All original content written, spoken or photographed that is published is stored on the Belles Lettres Website.
Poetry to be published in the 100 Writers 1 Story – A Belles Lettres initiative book on Kindle will be allowed to be changed or permanently removed from the book under publishing. However, this must only be done once, and all changes or removals must be mentioned in reply to the congratulatory email that you will receive stating that you have been selected in the top 100 writers whose work will be published in the book. No alterations or removals will be accepted after this/ Any modifications or deletions requested must be only from the writer of the poetry. The writer must send an email addressed to the Magazine or the Editor-in-Chief clearly stating any alterations or removals. The email must be sent to the Belles Lettres email – email@example.com
Submitting your poetry to the 100 Writers 1 Story – A Belles Lettres initiative will grant all right and interests vested in the content submitted to Belles Lettres to publish on the Belles Lettres magazine – belles-lettres.red along with the various official promotional pages of the Magazine free of charge along with the 100 Writers 1 Story Project Book without any additional cost for using the submitted content, thus transferring property rights of the material submitted from the writer to Belles Lettres. By submitting your work to Belles Lettres, you will be granting all rights and interests vested in the work to Belles Lettres to publish your work on a ‘royalty-free’ basis and that you accept that if your work violates any third-party rights, including copyrights, you will be liable for action by Belles Lettres, as may be available under law or equity.
The writer would be providing a license to Belles Lettres (along with its subsidiaries and affiliates) for the publishing of the content and usage of the content as deemed fit by the Belles Lettres Magazine. Which can include but is not limited to promotional uses, publishing on the Belles Lettres Magazine website and social media pages and the 100 Writers 1 Story Project book, unless it is sold to a third-party, wherein the writer will receive a 20% remuneration of the sale price.
Writers will not be eligible for refund of the submission price in any circumstances.
Your name/pen name/pseudonym will appear alongside your submitted content unless you have specifically asked to remain anonymous (In such event, your name is not displayed along with the content.)
- Writers must not provide false information on the registration form /profile, or impersonate others to mislead or confuse other writers and readers.
- Writers must not use the website in violation of any local, state, national or international law, statute, ordinance, regulation, rule, code or guidelines for the time being in force.
- Writers must not submit content that contains software or other material that violates the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Writers must not send files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or computer systems.
- Writers must not use the website as a platform to advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any purpose, whether or not commercial, without the express permission of Belles Lettres, and per the terms and conditions laid down by Belles Lettres concerning the same.
- Violation of any of the Terms and Conditions set out herein gives Belles Lettres the right to take action against the writer, which could extend to the writer being blocked from accessing the website and /or legal action, along with all content published by that writer taken down permanently from the website.
For any queries about the policies mentioned above, please email us at -firstname.lastname@example.org